Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

The 2012 Chevy Sonic - How I Would Buy One Equipped

Good afternoon,

Hope everyone is awake with this Daylight Savings Time adjustment that happened this weekend.  I know it means less sleep at first but the sun does go down later in the evening which is a plus.  It definitely makes a difference, it keeps our moods in a positive flow.

So today in this article I am going to highlight, if I were to buy a 2012 Chevy Sonic, this is how I would order it.  Before we get started, here is the Chevy Sonic's own Music Video.

2012 Chevrolet Sonic Sedan - Courtesy from www.chevrolet.com

Pretty sweet huh?

Let's get started.  The first thing we need to find out is the hatchback or the sedan version.  Being more conservative myself, I will choose the sedan.  For just $1,000 more if you choose the sportier 5-Door, you will definitely get your money's worth, if only in cargo capacity and versatility alone. The next item to check off is the exterior color: options are crystal red tintcoat, victory red, summit white, black, silver ice metallic, inferno orange metallic, blue topaz metallic, and cyber-gray metallic.  My choice is the Black, its a sharp color on this vehicle.

The next item to go over is the trim levels.  With this vehicle being a compact vehicle, the new car prices are very affordable.  Like most Chevy's, the Sonic shares the popular trim levels of LS, LT, and LTZ; ranging in price from $14,600 to $19,420.  I am going for the LTZ for the price since it's no more than a lower end Cruze.

Then next we have the power train.  The Chevy Sonic offers two engines, the 1.8L base engine and the 1.4L Turbo.  The difference in price between the two is $700.00.  Not bad considering the Highway mileage on the 1.8L is 35 and the 1.4L manual is 40mpg (1.4L automatic not rated yet).  That is a 5 miles per gallon more and you can recoup that in about 3 yrs or so depending on driving habits.  This is a tough one, but I will order the 1.4L Turbo with the 6-speed Automatic Transmission.

The last item is the sunroof.  I know most people that have sunroofs do not really use them, but for me if I have the option to get one, I will.  So a sunroof is $850.00 extra.

Now lets rehash what I want in my Sonic:

  • 2012 Chevy Sonic LTZ Sedan
  • Black Exterior
  • Black Interior
  • 1.4L Turbo Engine
  • 6-Speed Automatic Transmission
  • Sunroof


Here is the pricing on this vehicle:
  • MSRP: $20,270
  • Preferred: $19,554.89
  • EVA <$250.00>
  • GMS Price: $19,304.89
  • USAA <$750.00>   Thanks dad for retired US Air Force and grandfathering me into the USAA company.
  • My price: $18,554.89 plus state tax and Documentation Fee.


So there you have it, if I was to buy a Chevy Sonic today, this is how I would want one equipped.  Now, I didn't go over what was standard on the LTZ trim level, but if you have questions please do leave them at the comments page and I can answer them for you. Also, here is the link to Eriks Chevrolet.

Thanks for reading,

Mark H.

Follow me on Twitter: @MarkHChevySales

No comments:

Post a Comment